Hello my dears!
I am so sorry I failed to get this post up last week. Health, travel, and life in general required me to put the blog on the back-burner for a moment. But, I am here, at last, with the schedule for the Casey Skirt Sew-along. Starting next week, I will be covering everything from picking your size, to pattern hacks and alterations, all the way up to putting the finishing touches on your skirt.
Here’s the scoop:
- August 15th: Picking Your Size & Fabric
- August 22nd: Pattern Alterations: Lengthening the Skirt | FDA (full derriere adjustment) Tutorial
- August 29th: Sewing the Pleats, Zipper, & Main Seams
- September 5th: View 2 Pockets | Inseam Pocket Tutorial
- September 12th: Interfacing & Attaching the Waistband
- September 19th: Finishing the Skirt
I can’t promise that I will get each post up on the day listed, but I will at least get each post up on the week of the day attached to each post. Also, all of the posts will get linked back here as they get posted, so if you are looking at this at some point in the future, after the sew-along has ended, just click on each of the dates listed above to be taken to the post.
If you will be joining the sew-along, and plan on sharing your progress on social media, PLEASE tag me @brijeepatterns on Instagram or Facebook, and use the hashtag #caseyskirtsa
So, before I go dashing off, I have a few questions for you…
Will you be joining the sew-along?
Are there any particular points about the Casey Skirt’s construction you would like me to highlight?
8/9/2018-P.S. The giveaway winners have been announced over on the original giveaway posts. Congratulations to the winners!